Pages

Thursday, August 17, 2006

No Rain. Please No Rain

Last night I decided to tackle another project – figure out why the wipers don’t work. After some research on the internet, it became apparent that there was a probability of close to 95% that my problem stems from the vacuum motor. "What kind of motor?" After reading further, I couldn’t help but admire the ingenuity in inventing this little, relatively simple motor that does not run on electricity but a vacuum created by the engine running.
I was able to determine the vacuum was not the issue, evidenced by the hissing sound from the tube that attached to the wiper motor. At the advice of a member of Pilothouse.com, I removed the wiper motor and will be sending it to Bob Ficken at www.wiperman.com, who specializes in reconditioning these devices.
Note: it is highly recommended that the vacuum tube be constricted while driving the truck until the new motor is mounted and all is reconnected.

To be continued....