Pages

Monday, March 19, 2007

Arm rests for Rojo

Although not very common on Pilot House trucks, arm rest were an option. I have wanted to add these to my truck, not for the comfort of my arm, but out of concern that I might pull off the door handle when closing the truck door from the inside. This is not really an issue when the window is rolled down, but early Spring or late Fall one does not want to roll down the window simply to get a better grip to close the truck door. Fellow pilot house trucker, Reg Evans, has supplied me with a photo of his.

....Continued.....

Well, I was lucky enough to locate these MoPar original arm rests. Can't wait to get them installed.

Here is an alternative that Jim Shepard used. I really like it and may still go that route. He used an inexpensive door pull manufactured by Stanley purchased at Home Depot.

Here is the finished product. The armrests look good and feel solid. I am very happy with the result