Pages

Monday, March 19, 2007

To convert or not to convert......

...that is the question. I am considering coverting my oil bath air filter to a paper filter type. I have seen several examples other peoples work posted on the web. It looks like a relatively simple project, but I am somewhat reluctant to proceed. Will I be affecting the value of my "completely stock" and "as close to original as you can get" truck for the sake of convenience?

Example 1: Norm's Coupe
Example 2: How-to article on a F*&d website

I decided to convert. The filter I used is a Carquest #88179 for anyone that has a similar type filter housing. It seems to seal quite nicely at the top and the bottom when the wingnut is tightened. Looks pretty darn close to original to me.


Finished product complete with original manufacturer instruction decals: